Motivating and setting objectives to drive performance: Trimester 1, Webinar 5
We have a rolling Level 7 Manager Development Programme. Join at any time in the year. For the next webinar/workshop go to our events page. Watch this video and you’ll understand the link between objectives and performance, and hence about how it is that a manager can set objectives and then appraise subsequent performance to achieve the required business outcomes.
- Defining the performance of a worker in a job and establishing the link between motivation and performance.
- Revisiting the role of the job and job design on motivation.
- Understanding the role of the job description in objective setting.
- Introducing some theory of objectives and the natural human desire to strive to achieve goals.
- Learning practical goal setting and introducing the reality of performance appraisal.