In the present, broken system, once bombarded with CVs, the hiring manager selects using their gut; echoing the recruitment consultant, saying “I think this person will be good for us”. They’ll not base that assertion on evidence. They’ll not have discovered traits that allow such prediction.
Candidates are compared. Gut feel suggests one is somehow more attractive than another and a decision made. But are the decision criteria valid? Will the selected candidate excel? Is he or she only the best of a mediocre bunch? The hiring manager has no way to tell.
Poor selection quality leads to employees quitting later once in the job, either being pushed by their manager or jumping themselves because they realise they don’t fit.
Let us show you how to design high-quality, high-validity selection tools that you can use during your interview and selection process.
In this webinar we’ll:
- Emphasise that in deciding at interview and selection, you’re predicting who will excel;
- Illustrate the various selection tools available and show their ability to predict accurately;
- Discuss the key tools like general mental ability, personality and other psychometric tests;
- Show you how to build work sample tests; and
- Set out how you should go about interviewing to give good predictability.
By the close, you’ll understand how to build an interview and selection process and how to make sound decisions using tools.
About the Presenters
Get Your Tickets Now
This is a past event and ticket sales have finished.
Why not take a look at our upcoming events?