This video forms part of a series about recruiting and selecting people. By watching this webinar, you’ll understand the failings of the present recruitment and selection approach and be able to propose how it might be changed.
In this presentation we initially critique the present state of affairs in the business of recruitment and selection in the UK, centring as it does on the use of recruitment agencies and single interview that ask standard questions.
This is then contrasted with a scientific, evidence-based approach. The evidence-based approach begins with job analysis and the characterisation of the person needed to do well in the job. That done, the approach seeks to search for and select that person using high-validity tools.
• Reviewing the current approach to recruitment and selection;
• Identifying exactly where and how this old approach is broken;
• Underpinning the new approach, starting with job purpose;
• Building the new approach as a process from job to jobholder; and
• Illustrating the elements of the process, setting the scene for other webinars.