• Emphasising that in deciding at interview and selection, you’re predicting who will excel;
• Illustrating the various selection tools available and show their ability to predict accurately;
• Discussing the key tools like general mental ability, personality and other psychometric tests;
• Showing you how to build work sample tests; and
• Setting out how you should go about interviewing to give good predictability.
• Emphasising the crucial interactions between you and your chosen candidate at this final stage;
• Showing you how to close and interview whilst opening the gate for an offer and acceptance;
• Showing you how to build a compelling verbal offer;
• Setting out the documents and detail of those documents to make a written offer; and
• Illustrating how to use the various steps and documents to close the deal.
Around 80% of UK managers are untrained in people-management. Just think about the improvement in your organisation's lot if it were the other way. We offer a nine-month programme covering hiring, managing and developing people in 18 webinars and 3 workshops. It's for managers who want the Level 7 knowledge and skills without the assessment from formal courses. And it's completely free of charge. Can you think of managers in your own firm who don’t have the skills and knowledge to effectively manage people?
Organisational development (OD) is different from human resource management (HRM). This support article explains the difference.
Ensure that you give your staff the correct amount of holiday. You must give at least the statutory minimum. Calculating holiday for staff who work a regular daily pattern, five days a week is easy. Not so when patterns are unusual, continuously changing and hourly based.
The manager is constantly sensing performance given by his or her people. He or she has in mind a reference performance for each person that they’d find acceptable. And the manager is constantly comparing the actual performance with the reference. If the performance falls below the reference performance, the manager will act by way of an intervention. Here's how it works.