All customers need to know that their suppliers will provide them with quality. Ensuring that a company’s management system complies with the international quality standard ISO9001:2015 goes a long way to providing customers with the necessary confidence to buy.
Management consultant TimelessTime has recently transitioned from ISO9001:2008 to the aspirational upgrade ISO9001:2015. SGS, the world's leading certification company, confirmed TimelessTime’s re-certification after two days of audit.
ISO9001:2015 seeks seven management principles that secure quality.
- The first is that a company’s management must demonstrate its customer focus. Auditors expect to see how customer needs are met and exceeded.
- Good quality also comes from having a unified direction and mission, and this comes from strong leadership.
- Quality companies must also create value for their customers. They do this by employing competent, empowered and engaged people at all levels.
- And quality comes from embedding processes. Effective processes help achieve consistent and predictable results.
- At a time when conditions evolve quickly, the fifth principle identifies that no company can stand still. The ISO standard seeks to ensure that the company has a focus on improvement.
- Making decisions is never easy for managers. Ensuring that decisions are based on the analysis and evaluation of data helps improve decision quality.
- The final principle demands that the company identifies and manages the relationships that it has with its stakeholders. This drives sustained business success.
Those seven management principles make good sense in securing efficiency and minimising costs. But implementing those standards through ISO9001:2015 helps assure customers that a supplier embraces quality in everything it does.
TimelessTime is a management consulting firm helping managers succeed in organisational development and human resource management. The firm doesn’t provide direct assistance in ISO9001:2015, but John Berry is very happy to give any managers the benefit of his experience in securing re-certification. Just call on 01444 810454 or email John at email@example.com. See About for our Quality Policy.