• Emphasising the crucial interactions between you and your chosen candidate at this final stage;
• Showing you how to close and interview whilst opening the gate for an offer and acceptance;
• Showing you how to build a compelling verbal offer;
• Setting out the documents and detail of those documents to make a written offer; and
• Illustrating how to use the various steps and documents to close the deal.
Ensure that you give your staff the correct amount of holiday. You must give at least the statutory minimum. Calculating holiday for staff who work a regular daily pattern, five days a week is easy. Not so when patterns are unusual, continuously changing and hourly based.
The manager is constantly sensing performance given by his or her people. He or she has in mind a reference performance for each person that they’d find acceptable. And the manager is constantly comparing the actual performance with the reference. If the performance falls below the reference performance, the manager will act by way of an intervention. Here's how it works.
Performance is when the employee does what they say they will. When recruiting, selection of new hires should be made on the test outcomes that evidence the personal characteristics, competencies and behaviours required for that performance. Base your selection on that evidence. Here's how.
Sometimes situations occur in the workplace where, despite using management effort to attempt to resolve issues, the organisation decides that ending the employment is the best way forward. Settlement agreements, previously referred to as compromise agreements, are used in this situation.
Why would any manager grant his or her workforce flexibility in when and where they worked? Just think about it. Flexibility suggests that the manager doesn't know when or where the worker is working. Put that way, flexible working is nonsense. But analysis of what the manager gets back suggests huge returns for the firm. It just takes a bit of trust.